Reflect on Your Observations.
In class you had the opportunity to observe or be part of a live coaching exchange. Reflect on what you learned and write a Note-To-Self to retain that awareness. Tip: Re-watch the class video to pick up other ideas and insights.
Consider these questions to craft your note to self:
- What worked well?
- What did I learn by observing this coaching session?
- How will I integrate and/or incorporate this learning into my coaching?
Note-ToSelf HERE (can we put the question above in the NTS?)
If you were the Coach today, self-assess your artwork.
Congratulations on doing a live coaching session.
Nerve racking? ... Often.
A learning opportunity? ... Let's see.
An additional way to learn the ICF core competencies is to observe them in action. This exercise has several objectives:
- Listen to the class recording of your coaching exchange to discover more learnings.
- Assess your own coaching exchange using the Competency Observer Guide
- Document your insights to use in your development as a coach.
(PORTO) DOWNLOAD Buttons for both PDF and DOC of file: Competency_Observer_Guide.2020.4.xxx
INSERT NTS (can we put the question above in the NTS?)
INSERT CLASS VIDEO HERE
Create or Assess Your Partner's Coaching Exchange
Last week one of you created a recording for the other to listen to provide feedback.
Switch roles from last week.
- One partner creates a recording of a real Coaching exchange.
- The other partner listens to the recording to provide evidence of behavior of the competencies/elements displayed (or not displayed).
- The client in the coaching exchange can be your partner or anyone that gives you permission to record.
- Ideal length: 20 minutes. Not to exceed 30 minutes.
- Feedback can be in any form with a focus on how the coach demonstrated the competencies. Be very specific. "When you said to the client _____, I felt that was demonstrating ______.