Coach Approach to Leadership with Purposeful Conversations©
The Purposeful Conversations© Training Program was created by our top-level coaches with decades of coaching experience in the corporate world. This program offers learning that can be applied at all corporate levels.
The ability to influence others, the management of people, the developing of talent, the finesse to provide effective feedback, and the ability to provide inspiring leadership is not an exact science. It is messy. No one solution when found works for everyone. Each Manager - Employee or Influencer – Colleague combination brings a whole new set of challenges that cannot be expressed in an email, a chart, or a spreadsheet. It MUST occur through conversation – A Purposeful Conversation.
The enhancement of the skills, the experience, and the practice to have these conversations is what we cover in this program. We want to go beyond “teaching managers to coach”. We want to be much more practical. We want to provide an experience where leaders, managers, and influencers build on their own management and coaching styles to communicate and connect in a more powerful way. Notice we did not just say communicate and connect with employees. Although they will be the key focus. This is about enhancing the skills to communicate with customers, other leaders, potential customers, and all the situations that will be needed to deliver on the Strategic Performance Outcomes of the organization. They all require powerful and purposeful conversations to work in concert with solid technical attributes.
Key Skills Covered
- Five-step process for a coaching conversation
- Five core leadership skills:
- Multi-dimensional listening
- Powerful questions that accelerate development and new insights
- Encouraging action, growth, and new awareness
- Requesting bigger, bolder actions
- Action Planning to establish meaningful and motivating goals and workable plans to achieve them
- Five fundamental behaviours experienced coaches always use
- Feedback techniques
- The ultimate Manager-Coach Dance© allows the navigation from the toughest to the easiest conversation.
Benefits of Participating
Influencers and managers acquire tools that move them…
- From talking to others to new ways of listening.
- From building walls to building trust.
- From telling others what to do to asking powerful questions.
- From harsh truths to productive feedback.
- From problem-solving for others to developing resourceful, self-reliant problem solvers.
How powerful will it be when the TOUGHER conversations needed to drive business growth and develop people becomes easier? AND The EASIER conversations that get the work done, provide leadership, and deliver on the strategic outcomes are 20% faster?
That is what is possible when you build upon the natural leadership and strengths existing in the individuals that attend this course and who integrate into their personal style, a process to have purposeful conversations, deepen the skills of Listening and Questioning and hone the ability to provide feedback in an engaging developmental conversation.
It is about the bottom line. How to drive that bottom line by engaging with the talents and energy that exist in the employees, customers, and colleagues today.