Coaching Out of the Box® presents
“Taking Coaching Viral in Healthcare”
to The Institute of Coaching, Harvard Medical School and McLean Hospital
We recently travelled to Boston to present our findings on bringing coaching skills to over 5,000 people in Healthcare at the 8th Annual Coaching in Leadership Healthcare conference offered by Institute of Coaching, Harvard Medical School & McLean Hospital. Approximately 650 attendees made up of coaches, physicians, psychologists, nurses, social workers and leaders in Healthcare Organizations got to see the latest research. Our presentation was a collaborative effort shared by Dori Van Stolk, Director, Learning & Development for BC Women’s and Children’s Hospital , Arty Coppes, Executive Coach and Healthcare Leadership Coach and Alison Hendren, CEO and Founder of Coaching Out of the Box®.
Here is what we shared:
- Our research, about bringing coaching skills to large numbers of people in Healthcare, is groundbreaking. Through conversations with many of the attendees we did hear excellent comments about the one-on-one coaching being done but did not hear of any wide-scale initiatives whereby large groups of Healthcare Workers are learning how to use coaching skills as part of the work they are doing as leaders, directors, physicians, child life specialists, acute rehab teams, family practice physicians, etc... This could include working with teams, individuals in short 5 minute chats, or longer conversations with co-workers, direct reports, surgical teams, patients and families. As a result is has changed the kinds of conversations healthcare workers are having and is speaking to the hunger for different conversations that are solution focused and promote accountability.
- We shared 3 key elements for success – Easily adoptable coaching skills program, Internal Champion and the ability to build Internal Capacity.
- The results were measured using an evaluation framework and logic model, data collection was pre and post surveys to all participants, focus groups conducted and external consultant analyzed the data and summarized conclusions based on analysis.
Here are the top seven results achieved:
- Improved Listening
- Improved Communication
- Improved Ability to Give Feedback
- Improved Conflict Resolution
- Positively Impacted Relationships
- Improvement in Team Dynamics & Team Communication
- Increased Ability to Engage Staff in Conversations that are Solutions-Focused and Promote Accountability.
What has unexpectedly happened is that there have been far reaching and unintended trickle down effects. The original intention was to work with teams and leadership, but with the infectious spread of coaching it expanded and integrated into unique and untapped projects, programs and groups, i.e. Child Life Specialists, Diabetes Research, Leadership, Acute Rehab Team, Eating Disorders, Patients, Family & Clinicians and more.
Not only is this having a huge impact on the Healthcare field, but this same approach is working in non-healthcare related organizations (i.e. manufacturing, energy, education, sales, retail, government) as well!
If you are interested in hearing more about our research or are curious how you can bring coaching to your organization we have a great opportunity for you! Join us for a FREE, 1-hour, action-packed teleconference on November 18th at 11am Pacific Time. We will be sharing even more information from the conference and opening the call up for questions. For more information, or to reserve your seat CLICK HERE!
JOIN US FOR THIS FREE EVENT!
Want to learn how to bring coaching to your organization and take it viral? Join us for an action packed, FREE teleconference where you will leave with:
1. How it can be done
2. Lessons learned
3. Key elements for success
TIME FOR OUR EARLY- EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTS
This course is perfect for anyone who has taken our 5/5/5 Coaching Skills Training Program™ OR a 60 hour coach training program accredited by ICF. Classes begin in February.
Use code: T3200 now thru November 10th to receive $200 off!!
COME BE A PART OF THE DISCUSSION ON LINKEDIN!
Have you started following our LinkedIn page? If not, we hope that you go and check it out. We post great articles and information on our upcoming classes.
Also, every week our group members have a great discussion on different topics surrounding coaching. We love to hear the feedback from all of you, our coaching advocates. So click below to join our discussion group and let us know what you think!