Welcome to the Embracing Diversity in Coaching program, this program explores as well as informs the role that coaches must take in addressing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) in every coaching exchange - adapting and evolving the coaches’ mindset and presence to their client’s needs. Incorporating teaching as well as practicing, the program embodies the ICF competencies to build DEIB awareness, knowledge, and discipline to be an effective and empathetic coach.
Below is a rundown of the Embracing Diversity in Coaching course and what you can expect coming up in the weeks ahead.
|Take the Jennifer Brown assessment
|Exploring diversity together.
|How does diversity show up in coaching?
|Beyond our "usual" borders.
|Unpacking unconscious bias.
|Coaching the whole person.
|Coaching through the lens of diversity.
How to Take This Course
This learning experience combines live online (Zoom) classes and self-study materials (this content).
- Review the content on this page to become familiar with this course. These pages will guide you through the entire learning experience.
- This page contains the downloads and access to all course materials. Many of them can be downloaded for your use.
- Attend the Zoom class each week at the designated time.
- See CLASS folder for your ZOOM LINK each week.
- Attendance is mandatory. See the Missed Class Policy for how to ensure 100% attendance.
- The course content is divided into modules we called WEEKs. Each week has its own:
- CLASS folder – which contains the ZOOM LINK to each weeks’ live class.
- FIELDWORK folder – which contains exercises to be completed after every live Zoom class.
- Login and start each week in the correct CLASS folder.
- Each week, complete the fieldwork found in the FIELDWORK folder.
- IMPORTANT: Once you have completed a Class or Fieldwork topic MARK AS COMPLETE. All lessons and sections need to be completed to be awarded a Completion Certificate.
- Use the navigation summary box at the top left to locate each week’s material.
- Each week you are likely to be the coach AND be the Coachee. Come to class with real topics you can get coached on.
Missed Class Policy
(This section does not apply if you do not need a completion certificate)
To successfully complete this course, we require full attendance.
In the event you missed this last class, we offer you one option to listen to the recording, complete and submit a Recorded Class Report prior to the next scheduled class. You will be automatically sent this form in the event you miss a class.
If you miss more than 2 classes: We will require you to re-take those specific classes missed during the next available program. A $100.00 Class Re-take Fee may apply.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Meet Your Coaching Out of the Box® Course Facilitator!
The Student Coach Resources hub is a dedicated space tailored to empower aspiring coaches on their academic and professional journey.