IMPORTANT. There is PRE-WORK required prior to the first class. See:
- Getting Ready for the Practicum
- Pre-work before week 1 (9 topics)
Estimated worktime: 20 minutes.
Welcome to the Advanced Coaching Skills Practicum Program where you'll refine your coaching skills by coaching others and hearing others coach in a virtual environment overseen and critiqued by your coach-facilitator.
If you are taking the Fast Track to ICF Credential, you will be receiving your invitation to enroll in the included 1:1 Mentor Coaching Program. This is a requirement of the ICF for credentialing to have 3 one-to-one mentor coaching sessions.
If you are taking this program as a stand-alone program and would like to learn more about our 1:1 Mentor Coaching Program, feel free to book a call with a Program Advisor and/or check out our website course page with more information.
As a reminder, if you are taking this program as part of the Fast Track to ICF Credential, you will receive a graduation certificate at the very end of the last course in the series along with a badge to display that certifies you as a Coaching Out of the Box® Certified Graduate Coach.
If you are taking this course as a stand-alone program, you will receive an individual certificate two weeks after successfully completing the program. At any point, if you have any questions about certification or other programs we offer, please reach out to us for more information. Your Admin Team contact information is located at the bottom of this page.
We wish you much success during your learning experience with us! If you have any questions about the course, please feel free to reach out to us at any time!
Below is a rundown of the Advanced Coaching Skills Practicum Program and what you can expect coming up in the weeks ahead and your pre-work which is required before the first class.
See CLASS folder for your ZOOM LINK each week.
|Week 1||Tips on how to integrate the ICF Core Competencies and the 5.5.5 Coaching Model into your coaching|
|Week 2||Active coaching sessions|
|Week 3||Active coaching sessions. Using the "Technique Builder"|
|Week 4||The advanced skill of "Requesting"|
|Week 5||Active coaching sessions|
|Week 6||Recording your coaching sessions|
|Week 7||Observed coaching practicum|
|Week 8||Observed coaching practicum|
How to Take This Course
This learning experience combines live online (Zoom) classes and self-study materials (this content).
- Review the content on this page to become familiar with this course. These pages will guide you through the entire learning experience.
- This page contains the downloads and access to all course materials. Many of them can be downloaded for your use.
- Attend the Zoom class each week at the designated time.
- See CLASS folder for your ZOOM LINK each week.
- Attendance is mandatory. See the Missed Class Policy for how to ensure 100% attendance.
- The course content is divided into modules we called WEEKs. Each week has its own:
- CLASS folder – which contains the ZOOM LINK to each weeks’ live class.
- FIELDWORK folder – which contains exercises to be completed after every live Zoom class.
- Login and start each week in the correct CLASS folder.
- Each week, complete the fieldwork found in the FIELDWORK folder.
- IMPORTANT: Once you have completed a Class or Fieldwork topic MARK AS COMPLETE. All lessons and sections need to be completed to be awarded a Completion Certificate.
- Use the navigation summary box at the top left to locate each week’s material.
- Each week you are likely to be the coach AND be the Coachee. Come to class with real topics you can get coached on.
Missed Class Policy
(This section does not apply if you do not need a completion certificate)
To successfully complete this course, we require full attendance.
In the event you missed this last class, we offer you one option to listen to the recording, complete and submit a Recorded Class Report prior to the next scheduled class. You will be automatically sent this form in the event you miss a class.
If you miss more than 2 classes: We will require you to re-take those specific classes missed during the next available program. A $100.00 Class Re-take Fee may apply.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Contact Your COTBx Admin Team
Student Support Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
Operations Coordinator - email@example.com
Operations Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Our team is always available in Slack - please feel free to reach us in your course channel or by dm.